Has the T-Mo/Sprint Merger helped you out yet?

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I ask this question because I no longer get dropped calls and Data speeds have more than doubled.
Where I live it's considered the boonies, but I got a text on my S20 ultra and note 10 plus welcoming to T-Mobile.

Finally after all these years with Sprint hanging in there hoping service would get better and I actually did.
I know they have tons of work to do, but if this is the beginning of many good things to come I'll take it, if not as long as the service stays like this I'll take it.

Didn't see a created post basically asking about this. I appolize.
This can be moved, if you would like to move it. My bad

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think their would be any noticeable differences. The merger was just the legal and corp side. It will be a couple of years before things really change. I just signed up with tmobile myself after many years away. Yet one area I frequent has no service while someone else who has sprint does have signal. So no, they haven't yet merged networks or anything. But that will come.

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
You are going to see good things come out of this merger. If T-Mobile uses Sprints spectrum and really increases coverage in areas that need it. It would be good for existing and new customers. On the flip side - If they pretend to do those things and be the same old "shady" T-MO then Houston we have a problem. Like non-working phones, non-existent coverage, expensive phones sent for repairs and cheaper replacements sent back to their customers and lastly, some of these huge unexplained outages. I mean it's nice to add another possible 30 to 40 million more customers to their network if they do this right - they would make money and profits. I mean you can buy something to say you own it but, the upkeep of the network and putting money into is going to tell the story of the new T-Mo. Let's give them a chance and make sure we do not get more of the same old same old T-Mobile.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The thing to watch is if the merger will help in those remote places (ex. campgrounds,mountains, smaller towns etc) that normally Tmobile and Sprint usually suck at coverage. In those places Verizon and AT&T "usually" do better.

I'm not sure what difference it will make TBH.

I had Sprint for 8 years and Tmobile(also Metro for a couple of years) since 2012. T-mobile has come a long way and I've stuck w/them because I don't travel much and my area has great coverage.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since day one. Not too sure about TMobile quite yet. The jury is still out on them. Sprint does me well.