Hello I'm new here and am introducing myself. TaRa Huge Fanfare. Thank You, Thank You Everybody

Anynameyouwish

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
To be honest I'm only here as no-one else would have me - I've given up on two other forums I either couldnt register or post on..
I am interested in cloning/flashing (online only), backups - begining with Samsung S10s but think I need to post here first
to get started?
If anyones champing at the bit I would first like to know if its possible to clone a s10 completely - or even without the boot and recovery partitions?

well here goes...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll move this to our s10 forum since introduction is only for that in which case you can make a new thread there and members be happy to welcome you

Anynameyouwish

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
ok thanks for replies, Smart Switch only does files? I need something or a procedure that clones the
entire storage area including partitions, that would enable me to recover my phone in total despite any corruption, not just the User areas.
It may be possible to do this with Odin 3.x but I need to understand the procedure and not just the insruction - yes I'm aware Odin is proprietary so info may be limited. Would also like to avoid rooting if I can as it seems this is unreversible?
( I think flashing a Stock Rom may reverse this but long term woulld like to do Custom Roms too. Have previously managed Lineage
on a Motorola and Windows 11 desktop, dual boot, on a Nokia)
The phone would need to be booted "offline" via the Recovery program or similar so it is unlikely the Recovery partition would be available to clone as would the boot partition ?

Any help appreciated