Hoping for some help deciding if it's worth buying in 2020 (preferably the 42)

Ninjasquirrel

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.
Bought the 46mm in late 2018, returned it after a week realising I had no use for it, and that I didn't enjoy being addicted to my phone, which I tried to use less and less, so why risk create another addiction.
But since then I've been so curious about the experience I realized I just have to buy one to get it out of my system.

My thinking is if I want the best smartwatch-experience I should buy a top model. Money is not really a issue, but from what I can tell from youtube-vids and especially looking at batterylife of 2020-models, there hasn't been that much progress, so maybe i can get away with the original.

The usage is not anything special, just for fun really. Use it when running in the mountains, paying in stores, LTE-function, swimming with it, I'm not a big app-user, I have no need for a watch to track my reps in the gym, I learned how to count in school...
LTE/GPS and such is propably gonna be turned off for the most part. The idea of always on-display seems nice, but as long as I don't have to flick my wrist over and over to get it to turn on it's not a big deal..

The lack of apps are negative tho, but not a dealbreaker.

I prefer the rugged look (love Garmin and Suunto), and didn't much like the design of the GW3, it was too pretty.
I really want the ticwatch pro 3 if it's gonna come with LTE (which is rumored), but that's propably gonna cost alot more than the deal I can get on the 42mm GW - $215.
And apart from that, there always seems to be drawbacks no matter if its ticwatch, Huawei or GW. Some have LTE but are not water resistant, some dont have LTE but last for several weeks...

My wrists can get away with both sizes, tho I prefer the all-black colour. Main concern here is battery, but I'm not annyed by chargin my Note 9 every nights, so I don't imagine it will be annoying having to charge the GW either. Anyway, any feedback on that experience will be much appreciated.

Anyway, that was a bunch of random thoughts. I hadn't exactly thought out any specific questions, I'm not quite sure what I'm wondering, but any feedback will me much appreciated.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I mean, if you didn't like it in 2018 I can't see why you would now.

It comes down to style and price mostly with the watch vs watch3... If money is no object the watch3 is definitely a better device, albeit with shorter battery life.

Ninjasquirrel

Dec 23, 2018
Visit site
I mean, if you didn't like it in 2018 I can't see why you would now.

It wasn't that I didnt like it, but that I couldn't ignore the fact that I had absolutely no need for it, it didn't fill some need I had had for a long time...

I got a great deal on the original black 42mm, and figured the GW3 wasn't that much better that the experience would be miles apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174