How can I enable a USB Mass Storage on my Galaxy Note 4?

A

AC Question

samsung note 4 usb mass storage

How can I enable usb mass storage on my galaxy note 4, not rooted

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung note 4 usb mass storage

I don't think that you can, unless you root . You have to use mtp or ptp.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung note 4 usb mass storage

What are you trying to do? You can connect a USB storage device via an OTG cable and access with apps like ES File Explorer. You can have a problem if the storage device draws a lot of power over the USB but I can connect a 1TB portable HD and access it.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea me too, I can hook my 1TB HDD up with a OTG adapter with no issues, it has its own power source though.

From my awesome Note 4 SM-910F, on modded lollipop 😎

Munsel Ma Karma

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
i have did wipe my caches partition which i loss all my important photos, so the only way to recovery my loss data i need to set the phone with usb connection via mass storage. so but i couldt find the button. what can i do? should i root my phone? please help

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone is rooted. So, how do I enable USB Mass Storage on my Note 4 running on Lollipop?

i have did wipe my caches partition which i loss all my important photos, so the only way to recovery my loss data i need to set the phone with usb connection via mass storage. so but i couldt find the button. what can i do? should i root my phone? please help

There is nothing to enable... there is no button. Like the posters said above, all they did is connect a usb storage device to the phone using an OTG cable. The phone will pick up the device in My Files as a USB Mass storage device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34