How can I fix an incomplete say data transfer?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My carrier is republic wireless. On may 13 my Moto g7 play broke. It would receive texts and calls and make notification noises however the screen was black and I could not interact with the phone. It would also ring my alarm in the morning. Two weeks later I got a new Samsung galaxy s8. I transferred the sim card and in the startup process it asked me something along the lines of "restore backup from may 13 2022?" and so that is what I did. When first using my new phone I had noticed that the texts were not fully up to date so like when I opened a conversation it says the last time I texted somebody was late April when in fact I texted them in early may. The most recent texts were deleted. In the notes app (upnote) the most recent notes and edits I had made before my phone broke were not shown. I have had this problem but I didn't decide to do anything until now. Is there a way I can fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google's backup feature might not backup data from all 3rd party apps. It's also not necessarily an ongoing backup that happens daily -- it might be more periodic than that. If the more recent messages and other data weren't backed up since your last backup was made, then that data is lost. Sorry!

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only i can add is going forward use Samsung smart switch on pc to back up your data and sign into your Samsung account on your device as Google account that way less of chance for this to happen in the future.