How can i root my phone with zero exp?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have bricked and broken every phone I have ever rooted because I know nothing about pcs or phones. I know just enough to create an email and ask this here. I can't do it myself because watching countless totoreals online has led me to brick and brake more than 30 phones in my lifetime so far because rooting is like rocket science to me, way over my head and I don't understand any of it. Bit, these bloatware apps drive me to the point I wanna smash my phone and google lens, omg, I hate it. Where can I get my phone rooted, by like a person or service? Also I have no education so my spelling and understanding of most things is trash, thank God for spell check.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree with mustang7757, at this point after numerous attempts it's pointless to continue doing something that's just a source of frustration. Granted, there are countless numbers of really crappy and misleading tutorials online so finding valid ones is itself a challenge, plus you're going to find older Android devices easier to root than newer ones (a very conditional qualifier). But that's also more a matter of rooting as a learning experience and does not necessarily apply when it involves a daily usage device.

A really, really important thing to keep in mind is rooting an Android device gets often touted as a magic fix for everything but that's a misconception. A rooted device allows you do more lower level tasks but ability does not equate with knowledge. Just because you can does not also mean you should. Aside from all the resulting issues of using a rooted device (a lot of financial services won't work when they detect rooted systems, some apps like the Netflix or Pokemon Go have to be manually side-loaded and hacked to work on rooted systems, OTA security updates will be an issue with rooted systems, and the list goes on), when you're working with your rooted device there's also a much greater chance you can inadvertently brick your device. If you're lucky, you'll just soft-brick it and just need to flash a stock ROM, root it again, and start over; if not and you hard-brick it than your options are limited. A local service shop 'might' be able to restore its functionality. There's a very valid reason as to why phones aren't easily and readily rootable -- most people aren't comfortable or capable having unfettered, fully open access to something as complex as the inner workings of their Android device. That's in no way a criticism, we all have strengths and weaknesses in every aspect of our lives.

As for buying a phone that isn't loaded with branded bloat and without Google's oversight, those are two aspects that make searching for an Android device a major project in itself. You might want to just look into getting an iPhone but those will be completely immersed in Apple's walled-garden so you need to decide if you want to Google or Apple monitoring your phone usage in the background. There are some other alternatives, like the open source PinePhone project,
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/11/pinephone-specs-price-release-date
but given you yourself claim to have a minimum of tech skills these other options probably won't work out for you. Part of the all that bloat and fluff you don't like is based on the fact that most people require a lot of guidance with the online services we now rely upon. Some people do set up their own online servers and host their own services from them but this is an involved task that requires a specific skill level. On the other hand, the typical consumer just uses the free email/contacts/calendar and social media services that are owned and managed by some corporation. Most of us want free services and we don't want to pay for them, with the irony being a lot of people get upset when these corporations use data mining of our personal info as 'payment' for those services we use. Most of that bloatware you find so disturbing can at least be 'Disabled' on a non-rooted device. This doesn't remove them but it does keep those processes from actively running and using up system resources. You might want to focus on doing that (go into the Settings >> Apps menu) than rooting, it's a safer and less of a hassle alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla18