How can I upgrade Chinese head unit 梁山OS V211217 and fix google play services?

Darasopheap

Jul 7, 2022
Visit site
I bought a Chinese car head unit which run system named in Chinese "梁山OS V211217". The detail of the unit is as attached picture. My problem is, when I install Google Play Services, it always crush, so the play services does not work. Therefore, all google apps do not work when play services did not work. Moreover, the interface is in Chinese and I want to upgrade to English interface. Can you help me fix the google play service error and upgrade to English interface? I have tried fixing play service which I found solution in google but all did not work.

Picture of the system is here:

Android Head Unit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I have never heard of your head unit but many Chinese hardware does not come with Google Play Services and it is incompatible with these devices. This sounds like your issue to me. I would avoid any Chinese device if Google Play is not installed when you buy it.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can’t reply. Thanks. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Step 1: Remove that no-name head unit.

Step 2: Install a head unit from a name brand manufacturer that supports their products across multiple languages.

Step 3: Avoid all Android based car radios in the future, as they seem to cause many problems, are never supported, and their audio specs are junk.

Seriously, I wouldn't expect you to be able to get anywhere with your current unit unless you have the skills to write a full custom OS yourself to replace the one it came with.