How do i change the default contact picture to Facebook?

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I have some contacts that are linked on Google & Facebook. The phone uses their gmail contact photo instead of Facebook's photo.

I have tried removing the picture, at which point the Facebook photo is then used.

But then later on i guess it resyncs and switches back to the Google photo.

Any way to keep the Facebook photo as the default?

Thanks

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
To do that you have to sync up your face book contacts. Then you can long press on the contact and select "link contact".

Or you can turn off Google contact auto sync. I think the Google contact overrides the Facebook one. Depends on how you link the contact.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I really read it and saw that. I edited my first post to reflect that.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Also, if you open the contact (not edit) there is a section for linked contacts for that person. Select that and you might be able to resolve your issue there.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the only problem is it won't auto update if anyone changes their picture in FB. If I'm not mistaken this is a limit in the contact application. I had the Epic for a week and was able to ovewrite my google contact picture to the FB one but it never updated when people decided to change their FB picture.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I found a way to do this.

Go to Contact

link profiles first

edit

there will be a tab of the linked profiles (ie facebook, google, skype etc), tap on the profile where you want to get the picture.

a pop up will appear and you tap on use this picture for for contact

viola!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234