How do i make my phone a hotspot

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which carrier? Are you certain your plan comes with hotspot, and if so, is it possible you've reached your monthly limit of hotspot data? (You may have unlimited data to use, but I believe all carriers put a limit on how much hotspot you can use per month.)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which carrier? Are you certain your plan comes with hotspot, and if so, is it possible you've reached your monthly limit of hotspot data? (You may have unlimited data to use, but I believe all carriers put a limit on how much hotspot you can use per month.)

I just checked a week or 2 ago due to another thread. While Verizon, AT&T, and T-mobile all offer unlimited data, none of them offer unlimited hot spot. In fact Hotspot isn't even available on all plans, and I've known a number of prepaid services block it out right.

To the OP,
Where does it say no data when you enable Hotspot? Are you getting a prompt on your phone or is the no data message on the device you are trying to connect to the Hotspot?

Also have you checked with your carrier? I've had issues with my Hotspot not working in the past after swapping my SIM card between devices and a simple call to Verizon fixed it. There are a bunch of features that can get toggled on/off or accidentally blocked at the carrier level and only the carrier can fix it.