How do I remove Google Contacts from Android Phone?

tamar#AC

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, so I found this thread on my computer and I found another similar thread on my phone, and wow, that 11 step guide seems all right, but there's a much easier way as described by DeLeoLion on this thread. Worked fine on my Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1.

The strangest thing is that this was the solution that worked for me even though I was not syncing my Contacts for the account. Pretty crazy.

rohit27ac

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
Mooncatt, I decided to try again your method because I believe you know what you're talking about and what happened when I first tried it was, I suspect, some sort of anomaly. The first time I did it this morning it worked, but then reverted back. So I went through the following steps, writing them down to be sure I wasn't missing anything.
I appreciate very much your taking the time to write this out. I'm not sure how I missed the directions the first couple of times I tried it (probably my lack of familiarity with Android having just moved to it) but I can confirm that it does work, and again, thanks so much. This solves a major difficulty.

Hello everyone,

I have multiple Google accounts on my Galaxy Note 9 and i have sync enabled for just one account of them and for the rest it is turned off (so that others' contact don't mix up with my contacts).

But since last few days I'm facing a issue that whenever i connect to Wifi and My phone is on charging contacts from every google account is syncing to my device and it is all mixed up.

Sent error report to Samsung Team, but as usual except safe mode, hard reset and blah-blah no helpful response from them (although I've tried that also, but no help).

Please if anyone have any solution, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you !!

jcrancewittjones

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
I had a similar problem with having my husband's Google account on my phone. It synced his contacts to my phone.

What I did was this:
Turned Airplane mode on.
Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account], and make sure Contacts sync is turned off. Make sure you turn off sync on all the Google accounts. Next, go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and select Contact Storage. Clear Cache/Data.

What I did also was select Calls, Call Settings, Contacts, and Contact Migrator; Clear Cache/Data.

Restarted the phone, turned Airplane mode off, turned sync on just my accounts on and opened contacts. It worked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem with having my husband's Google account on my phone. It synced his contacts to my phone.

What I did was this:
Turned Airplane mode on.
Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account], and make sure Contacts sync is turned off. Make sure you turn off sync on all the Google accounts. Next, go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, and select Contact Storage. Clear Cache/Data.

What I did also was select Calls, Call Settings, Contacts, and Contact Migrator; Clear Cache/Data.

Restarted the phone, turned Airplane mode off, turned sync on just my accounts on and opened contacts. It worked.
Welcome to AC!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

What I did was this:
Turned Airplane mode on.

Welcome to AC! :) Very thorough solution to that problem... I think you're going to be handy around here ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54