How do I turn on badge notifications for apps?

Woodrow1104

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I was having an issue with badge notifications not resetting after my most recent Android update. (galaxy s7 edge.... Android 7.0)...so i went into the application manager... Cleared the memory... Performed a force stop.... Restarted the phone. The badge notifications went away on the app I was having a problem with (words with friends).... However now no notifications show up for this app. Reading online states to go back into application manager and "enable" badge notifications.... This is not an option on my phone. Just disable and force stop. Badge notifications seem to be working on other apps. How do I get the badge notifications back for this app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, tap More>Show System, and look for something like BadgeProvider. Make sure that isn't Disabled. You could also try Clearing its Cache.

Woodrow1104

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Tried all of that... Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This is the only app that no longer gets the badge notifications. There is no "enable" button in the badgeprovider.... Just "disable"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also clear the cache and data from Words with Friends? Uninstalling it might not clear the data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07