How to change only one apps preferred texting method

Lbretep86

Feb 21, 2021
Visit site
I drive DoorDash and I always send a message to the customer if there is Any relevant update

But I want my text now app to be the way I send my customer a message as opposed to the original Messaging app that comes installed on your phone.

I don't want to have to keep deleting texts in my normal messaging app every night because it drives me crazy to have all those messages that aren't contacts

I want my original texting app to be for people I know etc and have text now be for any messages sent via the DoorDash app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have?

If I'm reading your post correctly tit sounds like you want to use two different regular SMS apps but you don't want certain messages to appear in one of them. This isn't going to work. I can't remember the name of it but basically there's a central app that handles SMS on the device and the app you use to view, create and send messages goes through that system/process and the app you open only acts as an interface, a UI if you will. This is why if you install a new app you don't have to transfer/import messages into the new app. They are stored in this system on the device not so much in the app, if that makes sense.

There would only be two ways that I can think of to do what you're wanting, if what I described accurately depicts what is you're wanting.

You could use an app that has a business and personal mode or some other two mode system that would allow you keep personal SMS messages separate from business. Many apps also have Private or Hidden modes that keep messages out of your main feed, however these modes usually require a pin or password to access and may become inconvenient for just everyday mundane use. You could switch apps all day every day and the messages will just follow whatever you're using at the moment.

Option 2 would be a service app. A messaging app that doesn't use your carrier's SMS service but uses it's own service to send and receive messages. The problem with that is most service apps like this require both users to have the same app. WhatsApp, Tango, Messenger... They would keep the messages separate but may limit who you're able to send messages to through them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia