How to disable WhatsApp popup?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
When I received a new whatsapp message there will be a about 2 second popup near the top of my phone showing me a row of the new received whatsapp text. I want to disable this but unable to do so.

If unable to disable the whatsapp popup, I would like the popup not to display any info, only something like "new whatsapp message received"

Please help. Thanks.

Samsung Note 8

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Long press the icon then tap info , scroll to notification tap on message notification it will take you sub menu to turn off pop up

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Should also be able to go into Settings>Notifications and scroll down to WhatsApp, disable notifications from there. I've done this a few times with super-active chat groups I'm in.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Long press the icon then tap info , scroll to notification tap on message notification it will take you sub menu to turn off pop up

I have done these "Long press the icon then tap info , scroll to notification tap on message notification" when I reached here, I do not see any text about "pop up" option

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Should also be able to go into Settings>Notifications and scroll down to WhatsApp, disable notifications from there. I've done this a few times with super-active chat groups I'm in.

hxtwUCy.png
Which one to turn off?

I have tried last time, if I switch off the [show notifications] under the Chats header, I will not get any popup and not get any notification in the pull down menu and not get any LED light of notifications. I only want to disable popup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy