How to get Flash on Android TV box?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Just got an Android TV box running version 7.1.1. I can't seem to find a way to watch web pages using Flash. It was suggested to use Dolphin or Puffin browser instead of Chrome, but the Play store says both of these are "not compatible" with the device. The workaround at Install Adobe Flash Player for Android 7.0 Nougat | RazinTech also does not seem to be working. Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks,
Bill

PS - The Android TV box is a MECOOL M8S PRO.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I side-loaded Dolphin but was unable to play Flash videos with this browser, even after checking "Flash always on". Then side-loaded Puffin, which is playing the Flash videos, although the quality is not the best. Any other alternatives?

Tashfeen Akahmolik

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I had same issue with my X96 but it finally loaded after clearing the cache for Chrome, I remember running across a thread indicating if chrome is on a SD extensions will not load, I reinstalled before I read that so it could have been an issue that solved itself after a re-install to device memory.

Also make sure you have unknown sources on, there are some advanced settings inside chrome that should be looked over, I spent a few hours trying different settings before it went, there is an advanced settings you could look into

ui-chrome://flags
ui-about:flags

Good luck

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear