how to get google play with no sim card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I need a phone to use as a wireless monitor for a go pro camera.
The go pro QUIK software only works on android 9 or later and is only available from google play.
I cannot download from google play without a working sim card.
Does anyone know, if I buy an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S9 and got a temporary sim card
could I download the app and would it continue to work after the sim card expired?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried to update using WiFi? I have an older WiFi only tablet and I can install and update apps without issue. Play store does not require a sim card to use.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I also agree. I've got several Wi-Fi only tablets that get Google Play apps. I also have 2 phones that have long been deactivated and even removed SIMs that still has Google Play. They download over Wi-Fi only just fine.

I just have them logged into the same Google account I use on my active phone.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only exception I can think of would be a prepaid phone from certain carriers that might not let you get past the SIM activation screen during setup. I'm not sure if that still happens, but I do remember that being the case in the past.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only exception I can think of would be a prepaid phone from certain carriers that might not let you get past the SIM activation screen during setup. I'm not sure if that still happens, but I do remember that being the case in the past.
Good question I'm not sure never bought prepaid phone but s9 at this point being a option as prepaid phone I wouldn't think so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174