HTC Hero, cant find file manager

diode84

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello
I have an old HTC Hero that I have reset and am trying to install a non google browser. I can download an apk file to the PC and transfer it via usb cable to the Hero but how do I install it from the Hero as I cant find any file manager anywhere to locate the file.
Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
diode84

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think phones of that generation had a built-in file browser. You would need to somehow get one installed. Unfortunately, that ship has likely sailed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am very new to android so excuse my ignorance, but what is the app drawer.
No problem , you should have on the home screen a button to access your apps , but give me a minute to look up your device see how old it is and what options it had .

diode84

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Maybe this - https://www.online-tech-tips.com/sm...ps-on-your-android-device-from-your-computer/

But if you're new to Android, you might do yourself a favor by finding something a little more current than 11 years. The experience will be MUCH better.
That didnt work for me as I am running on xp and its 64 bit but it made me think and HTC do a sync program and also the driver for the Hero.
I had no difficulty installing an APK so thanks for making my brain work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're using very outdated hardware and software on both your phone and computer -- not only does that impact performance and compatibility, but more importantly it exposes you to significant security risks. Like hallux, I would really recommend upgrading both.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Oh my, of all the XP versions to be running - 64-bit was the least supported when it was even supported...
But it was more stable than the earlier versions of XP out at the time. I beta tested XP 64 bit at the time. AVAST was the only antivirus that worked with it at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54