I created two games for Android Wear 2.0 - but I only have a few players

Marius Wolf

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum (new in terms of posting, was a lurker before) so I'm not sure if this post is ok according to the rules of this forum. Dear Admins, if this breaks rules: please delete this post.

But to my topic: I created two games for Android Wear 2.0 and published them some time ago. There are only a few players, so I try to reach more wear-gamers who could be interested in playing on their watches.

First game: Candyverse

0MCpruz.png

Candyverse was my first try at coding for Android Wear, I first developed it for Wear 1.5 (settings on phone, game on watch). But when Wear 2.0 arrived, it definitely needed a proper on-watch menu:

WO40wu8.png

But now to the game itself: you play one of five aliens that crave some candy. You have to collect whatever you can by jumping up platforms. You have to be fast and precise, otherwise you will drop down and the game is over.

wzPgP3R.png

My beta-testers told me it is hard, but most of them enjoyed it anyway.

After Candyverse my second game almost coded itself: Candyfly

d0lw5Qi.png

This game is inspired by flappy bird and features the aliens from Candyverse - but now flying in their ships. (The game assets of both games are mostly done by a very good game designer from the Netherlands: Kenney. He offers thousands of free assets for game-developers).

Candyfly got a more intuitive game mechanic and is more easy to play, even for "non-gamers" - but not less fun.

K9typxB.png

Now to why I am here: Even thou I made alpha and beta tests, the games are not much played right now. The question is: do you guys have an idea what I may do to improve the games?

Both games are available in the Google Play Store on the Android Wear 2.0 watch. There is a free and a pro version for each. The free versions contain 2 of the 5 available players and 2 of the 5 available levels of each game.

Candyfly Free: goo.gl/Xcoa3j

Candyverse Free: goo.gl/sou9Lo

The pro-versions should one day help me (as an solo independent developer with a full-time not-game-development job) to have an income that allows me to invest more of my time to make games. But to achieve that, the games (especially the free ones) have to reach more players.

Thank you for your time reading till here. If some of you don't have anything better to do, I would be happy if you try one or both of my games and may give me some feedback - every help is appreciated. I also would like to give out some free pro-version codes for hints and tips which I can take to improve my games.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your apps!

All app threads must have screenshots and a working link to the Google Play Store.
In order to post any links and/or images, each member must have a minimum of ten meaningful posts in the non-developer areas of the forums.
Examples of meaningful posts are helping users answer questions about their devices and/or software or sharing your experiences with your devices, etc.
The intent here is to have new members spend some time with the community and to become a regular, productive member of the community prior to sharing their own work. Self promotion and/or advertising are prohibited - but contributing members who wish to share a project they worked on can do so, within the developer rules.

Marius Wolf

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello firedept10,

this is a very fair publishing rule, I was not aware of this. I will do my best to be an active member of the community.

Thank you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana