Question i have several note on the notepad app on galaxy edge7. how to copy paste them on my PC

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
hi
yes it would be a shame to loose them if i break my cell phone so i what to back a copy of them in order to keep the info they contain.

how can i simply do that .
tell me if there are risks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean the Galaxy S7 edge, right? There was no Note7 edge (and of course, we all know what happened to the Note7).💥

Which notetaking app were you using? The Samsung one? Google Keep? Or some other 3rd party one?

Reactions: Madd62

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
You mean the Galaxy S7 edge, right? There was no Note7 edge (and of course, we all know what happened to the Note7).💥

Which notetaking app were you using? The Samsung one? Google Keep? Or some other 3rd party one?
HI yes galaxy s7 edge phone. in the about , it is written notepad a simple note- taking app. @ 2022 Braden Farmer app logo by Tobaloidee.
the logo is a white paper on a blue font.
should i give more precision? how

thanks

Reactions: HelloNNNewman

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like maybe this app.

In the 'About this app' section it says:

• Import and export notes to external storage

If this is the right program then you should be able to export your notes in plain text format & move them to your PC.

Last edited:

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I tried the app. If you select a note, the second icon from the right let's you "Export".
It will open Downloads by default, with other options on the left to save to such as One Drive or Dropbox which I had etc.
You can also Share in the usual ways.
Whether you can drag and drop multiple files from the phone's Documents / Downloads folder, I'm not familiar.

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
Looks like maybe this app.

In the 'About this app' section it says:

• Import and export notes to external storage

If this is the right program then you should be able to export your notes in plain text format & move them to your PC.
does that mean that in need to create a duplicate file for every file and then copy paste this duplicate to my pc ?
yes it is this app

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Just save each note by selecting en masse and copying to the Downloads folder in the phone, or dragging all to a pc.

Just go to the files in your phone storage, usually Files or Storage - Documents - Downloads.
I may be missing a step there.

They appear as xxxxx. txt files this way, so I think that's fairly plain and some programs like Word Doc on Android will save them to MS Word but individually if you want, iirc.
I would save all notes as. txt file names and move them all together until you need to look for one,

I'm the dumb schmuck of the bunch and only occasionally on here. There's steam coming out of my ears.

Going forward, I've been using Color Note from year dot and they just sync across my phones but are not saved in the cloud directly. So also has limitations.

I would look to finding another Note app. Did you say Samsung?

Google Keep is very useful for saving notes, links and articles, but I understand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-18-14-31-01-997-edit_com.farmerbb.notepad.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-18-14-31-01-997-edit_com.farmerbb.notepad.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy

androidloveryes

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
thanks shmuck hahaha
yes samsung.
ill didn t try to do it en masse. not sure if it can be done

i think there is no way to copy directely the notes to pc, there seems to be mandatory creation of a copy (in download) that then can be copy paste. if someone knows how to directly copy please tell me how thanks

Reactions: Madd62

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d