Im currently trying to optimize my Galaxy S7 to be faster...

LiterallyJohnny

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I'm trying to speed up my Galaxy S7 Snapdragon by tweaking around in the settings and optimizing as much as I can. What effect would turning sRGB in the developer options have on my S7? Will it make it at the smallest bit faster at least? Also, any advice and tips and tricks on how to speed up the S7 will be greatly appreciated. Take care!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
Have you set the animation in developer settings to .5 this will make it feel snappy , also a launcher like Nova.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I'm trying to speed up my Galaxy S7 Snapdragon by tweaking around in the settings and optimizing as much as I can. What effect would turning sRGB in the developer options have on my S7? Will it make it at the smallest bit faster at least? Also, any advice and tips and tricks on how to speed up the S7 will be greatly appreciated. Take care!
There generally isn't a ton you can do to increase actual performance. If you just want things to appear more snappy, you can enable the developer options (go into settings, about phone, then tap the build number box about 7 times quickly, then back out to the prior screen) and reduce the windows and animation scales. This doesn't increase performance per se, but is more like watching a movie in fast forward. Reducing the scale makes transition effects when navigating screens happen faster. A lot of people set this to .5x.

Otherwise Android is good about allocating resources as best can be expected. If you're encountering lag, there isn't much you can do short of sacrificing apps that may be using background resources. Email, messengers, weather apps, etc. use resources even in the background so they can check in and notify you of their events. Uninstalling those may give you a smoother experience, but the drawbacks are obvious.

Depending on your usage, we also can't rule out the simple fact that apps always use more resources as they are updated with new features. So if you are expecting the phone to be as snappy as day 1, that's long gone.

Also, don't use memory optimizers or battery boosters. Those work counter to how Android is designed and will burn through your battery even quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796