In need of extended battery help!

JackKallas97

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm somewhat new to androids, but I already love my S4! The one thing I want to change though is my battery. It's not that it's small, but I tend to use my phone a lot and I don't like having to plug in a lot. My one dilemma is that I purchased an otterbox case for my phone, not realizing that I would want a new battery. I want to be able to get the best battery without having to get a new case. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!

Posted via Android Central App

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
If you want to extend the battery life start turning off all the features you dont use or seldom use i.e Gestures, Smart View, Smart Start, NFC, GPS,Snyc.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
"Extended" batteries the same size as the original battery very often under-deliver on their promises of significantly increased life. Samsung's batteries are pretty much maxed out on the mAh capacity to volume ratio. If you want more capacity, you'll need to go with a physically larger battery, which won't fit with your Otterbox. You can find some cases that will fit (check on Seidio.com), but that's about it.

Cases with external batteries are also available, but they're obviously much thicker than an Otterbox.

Or, carry a spare charged battery with you. I hate loading up my pockets (so I carry an extra battery only when absolutely necessary), but it's the only solution if you don't want to massively bulk up the phone any further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy