Initial impression and hands on Review

shashank1320

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Being a core Honor Fan, I got a chance again to witness the launch of much awaited Honor 8, on 12th October in India. As the Honor tagline goes, Honor for the youth, This phone truly justify the tagline and possess all the feature keeping in mind the youth or the current generation. As far as the first impression of the phone goes, this phone is just WOW.

1.jpg

Let's talk about the initial impression and the hands on review of the phone.

Phone is amazing in look and feel and does the job pretty well in terms of performance. Laid my hands on the phone for good 15-20 minutes and found phone is doing very well with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM to enable flawless multitasking. There were no games installed on the phone but I opened up all the applications and settings in the phone and tried to switch between the apps and it was buttery smooth with no lag. Phone is powered by Huawei’s in house Hi-Silicon Kirin 950 octa core chipset (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex A53) with i5 co-processor and leading 16nm FinFET plus SoC.

2.jpg

see below, even with all the apps open, we still have more than 2.5 GB free RAM which will allow us to use the multitasking at its peak and to the fullest level.

3.jpg

Phone is not bulky in weight and 5.2 inch size makes it perfect fir to the palm. These phones can be used by girls or parents with smaller palm and is really fits in into the hand properly without any trouble to hold the big phone.

The 5.2-inch FHD display with a 96% NTSC, color enhancement, and dynamic pixel-level contrast adjustment provides a better viewing experience, with vivid and crisp images. The display looks stunning as well as the phone in terms of look and design.

4.jpg
5.jpg

Honor 8 comes with The innovative bionic 12MP dual lenses, one lens allows for rich color and the other lens is monochrome to give your images more details, light and increased sharpness. Together they help you capture crisper, more detailed photos of stunning quality to match up the standard of a DSLR camera. Phone has a built-in dual ISP which improves focus, speed, and process time when you take pictures and hence the images are more stabilized, crisp and of best quality. Phone has a 8 MP front shooter as well with perfect selfie mode to give you the best in class selfie images.

Selfie Sample-

6.jpg

The Honor 8 variant launched in India comes with 32GB of inbuilt storage and is expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB). On connectivity options, the Honor 8 includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (latest ac band is included for faster and better Wi-Fi connectivity), Bluetooth v4.2 which supports Bluetooth low energy (BLE) and fast charging support.

7.jpg

Phone will be available in few latest and popular color options in the market mainly Pearl White, Sapphire Blue, Sunrise Gold color variants in India. The sapphire blue color looks stunning and now we know the reason why the same was liked and appreciated in the European market and phone became very popular in the region and will surely start a trend of new color for handset.

8.jpg

Link to my original post on Honor Community

Last edited:

HonorUSA_Noah

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the stunning review on the Honor 8! Feel free to follow us on our social media channels: @Honor_USA on Twitter and @USAHonor on Facebook. We appreciate the feedback greatly! (NS)