Insufficient space despite using SD card as internal storage

metred

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a Motorola Moto G 2nd gen, which only has ~4.8GB of internal storage, out of the which Android 6 uses 3.15GB for the OS. I have a 30GB SD card and after having problems with storage space, I decided to convert the card to be used as internal storage (Adaptable Storage feature), thinking that the 4.8 and 30GB would just merge together.

However they didn't, and despite they acting as if they were one (for example I cannot remove the SD card anymore for things to keep working), they still show as two different storage spaces in the Settings and apps and updates still install by default in the 4.8GB internal memory.

The problem is that with all the updates over the years the internal memory is almost full, I have moved everything that could be moved to the SD card but still I have insufficient space; all the apps from the store try to install on the 4.8GB storage and there's not enough space, all the app updates try to also install there and there isn't enough space, half the apps I have do not allow to be transfered into the SD card.

So what is the point of using the SD card as internal storage if it still behaves as a separate thing and most apps do not want to be installed there?

Is there any way I can use the SD card as an actual internal storage space?

Because otherwise I'm struggling to keep just a couple apps working on my very limited internal space while having +25GB of free space on the SD card going to waste.

Thanks in advance.

cubamark

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
I have exactly this problem, and despite scouring the web for months now, no luck finding a solution. It's a bit infuriating that Android developers haven't made SD card expansion "just work" yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards