Issue with Chorme not saving recent changes

doom44

Feb 28, 2024
Visit site
So I've brought that issue upon myself, but only cause Google sync is trash~

I basically wanted my new phone to have all of the opened tabs (more than 100+) from Chrome I've had in my old phone, but it didn't showed them up despite being synced (not in other devices tab too),
So since my phones are rooted I've went ahead and took the tabs manually from /data/data/com.android.chrome/app_tabs,
After that my tabs are back!

But now each time I open a new tab, change the settings in chrome, or do anything else in general, the next time I will launch chorme it won't remember any of them and will revert back to the last opened tab and settings I've used from after I've messed with the tabs folder,
The only thing that does seem to be saved, is chorme recalling the tabs loaction if I move a tab into an existing group,

After that I've tried to copy all of the folders that were in /data/data/com.android.chrome from my old phone to the new one just to see if it may help,
But alas nothing worked,

Is there any way to solve it without losing my opened tabs?
Chorme is basically useless without being able to save any other change I do while using it, and I don't want to just remove all of my settings to solve it if possible since the sync doesn't seem to add back the open tabs from my other phone no matter how long I'm waiting.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Are you sure that this is related to Android 13? If not, your thread can be moved to another subforum if you wish.

doom44

Feb 28, 2024
Visit site
Sorry for the delay,
Idk if this is the right place to post about this, but I've seen someone else posting about simialr thing here (and I'm on Android 13 though I have no idea if this issue relate to the OS itself)

I've hop back to say that I've managed to solved the issue for anyone who want to know how,

So to sum it up, if you have a root phone and chorme sync failed you hard like it did to me with not syncing me the opened tabs I had on my other phone,

You can manually go to /data/data/com.android.chrome/app_tabs,
And in there only take the "0" folder,
My issue happened cause I've also copied the "custom_tabs" folder that was next to the "0" folder

If you also wants your preview textures you can copy the "app_textures" folder from there too,

So overall, it was the "custom_tabs" folder fault that any change I did in chrome after adding my stuff manually, didn't saved,

Hope it helped someone who may encounter this issue too.

Reactions: belodion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana