Just picked up my Fascinate

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
^^ What voghan said. Insurance is 7.99 now? And you can upgrade after 20 months. So that's about 160.00 in insurance. A replacement screen is 170.00. May as well just pay for the insurance and enjoy the slim, sleek phone with a great looking screen with no coverings.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Excellent. Ill have to go down after work and pick up another. The website is showing that price in my area now too. They must have lowered it shortly after I checked.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
3. generic screen protector...i love it smooth to the touch easy to apply and easy to remove, bad side it doesnt cover the whole front of the phone. but at least it protects the part you look at.

Def just get the generic stuff they have at verizon. cheaper , smoother,and application friendly.

There are the ones I got: 5 Clear LCD Screen Protector for Samsung Fascinate i500 - eBay (item 140487538187 end time Dec-13-10 18:27:19 PST)

They're totally clear and smooth to the touch (they were slightly less than smooth when new, but a little use and now they're nice and smooth). And they cover the entire face of the phone, not just the screen area. Can't beat 'em for $1 each.

bgredjeep

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll be heading to BB tonight to get my $50 refund. I bought my Fascinate last Weds. for $100. I did get the hard case they had but I'll be returning that as well. It was too bulky and hard to press the side buttons. I picked up the black glossy silicone case from Verizon and it is much better IMO.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so here is my take on screen protection. i have tried anti glare, invisable shield , and the generic screen protector.....

1. Anti-Glare... works great but really makes the pictures look grainy and changes the colors. really not good for the fascinate. defeats the purpose of having such a great screen.

2. invisible shield ... really expensive and sometimes doesnt allow your fingers to glide smoothly and if it is not put on perfectly the defects are very noticeable and annoying.

3. generic screen protector...i love it smooth to the touch easy to apply and easy to remove, bad side it doesnt cover the whole front of the phone. but at least it protects the part you look at.

Def just get the generic stuff they have at verizon. cheaper , smoother,and application friendly.

But just my opinion

I have to say that I totally agree with your perspective on the screen protectors. While I love the Invisible Shield is nice and protective it doesn't allow for a smooth fingering of the screen. The anti glare to hides the full vibrant feel of the screen and the generic screen protector is just that generic.

Reactions: DroidXcon

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got mine for free. A little over a week ago, Best Buy's mobile website showed it as free. I printed the page then headed there. Pulled up the site on my Incredible and they gave me the phone for free. I was shocked. The manager didn't even ask questions. I asked if I could buy more but he would only do one for free. He also asked that I not share the information as it was probably an error on the site for a brief time and I got lucky. That makes 2 Fascinates for free as I got my wife's on free phone Friday.

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
WOW that's slick! Usually they wont cut deals like that when I used to work there (the mobile phones salespersons are on a partial commission...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777