Keeps turning off

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I notice lately my axon 7 will shut down when I'm using my phone (browsing the internet etc). It says it has 0% battery. But then when I plug in my charger and turn my phone on, it says I have over 60%+ or more of battery charge. Meaning it went from 0% to 70% within a min. Doesn't makes sense obviously.
So what could be causing this issue?

Lately my phone doesn't hold up very long anymore. I guess the battery is weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're not certain, it's cheaper to pay a repair shop to do it, than paying them to repair the damage you did when you tried.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If you're not certain, it's cheaper to pay a repair shop to do it, than paying them to repair the damage you did when you tried.
Have u tried replacing your own battery on your phone?
I've watched some tutorials and it doesn't seem hard. Other than prying the case and other parts from the adhesive. Do u need to buy adhesive when assembling the phone back together ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I spent years repairing phones (in the stores I owned), so yes, I've opened phones (I retired before they started making the batteries non-user-replaceable), but it's not as easy as you see on YouTube. (Most of the "this is my first time" videos are actually being done by experienced technicians.) You'll need a good hair dryer or a heat gun (preferably one with a temperature setting), and a lot of patience. Also some spudgers (plastic tools to pry the phone apart). And I'd recommend replacing the adhesive tape when you put the phone back together. (Remember, if it's done by a shop, and they don't push a connector all the way in when they're putting it back together, they have to open it and do it right for free. If you forget, or just don't do it right, you have to go through the whole disassembly process again. And if you break something, like a connector or a very fine wire, you'll have to find a repair shop that will work on a phone you've already opened. [We had a blanket policy - if you did it, you fix it - we wouldn't touch it.])

If you're in the US, see if uBreakiFix has a store near you.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I spent years repairing phones (in the stores I owned), so yes, I've opened phones (I retired before they started making the batteries non-user-replaceable), but it's not as easy as you see on YouTube. (Most of the "this is my first time" videos are actually being done by experienced technicians.) You'll need a good hair dryer or a heat gun (preferably one with a temperature setting), and a lot of patience. Also some spudgers (plastic tools to pry the phone apart). And I'd recommend replacing the adhesive tape when you put the phone back together. (Remember, if it's done by a shop, and they don't push a connector all the way in when they're putting it back together, they have to open it and do it right for free. If you forget, or just don't do it right, you have to go through the whole disassembly process again. And if you break something, like a connector or a very fine wire, you'll have to find a repair shop that will work on a phone you've already opened. [We had a blanket policy - if you did it, you fix it - we wouldn't touch it.])

If you're in the US, see if uBreakiFix has a store near you.
What kind of adhesive does these phone use?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure for that particular phone, but most use a precut sheet - you put it on the phone, then heat it to set the adhesive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099