Lenovo Tab 7 Essential

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have owned the Lenovo Tab 7 Essential for almost 4 years (made in 2017) and I've wanted to factory reset it because it was slow and the battery was being drained so fast. About a percent every 2-3 mins. However, I deleted stuff taking up storage first and I had used up half of the storage left still which was a little strange maybe. I understand other apps that take up storage but not half the storage. Probably cached data

In addition I go into my apps and find a Yandex browser and another Yandex app installed without my knowledge and I later find out that it is a hidden app. It doesn't show up on my menu. So when I factory reset it I noticed that the Yandex apps are gone. I do some research about the Yandex apps and find that it is the "Russian Google" company of Russia. Now, I do not own any of the latest models of the Lenovo devices, only the Tab 7 Essential but has the Lenovo company been pre-installing these apps in their latest models? I have contacted Yandex support and they claim that "the app's are not installed without users' knowledge. However there is one way to install this without user knowledge - the device manufacturer can pre-install applications". They directed me to contact you for more information. I have been trying to look up more info of the tablet on this website but apparently it's out of stock and it's old so I can't look up much info about it. I saw people with similar experiences to mine but not much answers.

I tried contacting Lenovo Support but it's so difficult because they don't have an email or a specific number to call. Can someone help me out?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't quite remember if my Lenovo devices had any Yandex stuff preinstalled. Although many preinstalled apps can't be removed from a device, more and more manufacturers are allowing users to uninstall this kind of bloatware, so at least there's that.

Are you certain those apps disappeared? Go to Settings>Apps, then ta Menu>Show System, and see if they're present.

If those apps did disappear after a factory reset, then they were most likely not preinstalled. They may have resulted instead from some app you installed -- certain apps can sneak in other apps as well during the installation process.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

EDIT: I found this thread about the Lenovo Tab 4, which seems to have come with Yandex Browser preinstalled: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...a-mistake-removing-Yandex-Browser/m-p/3823547. I actually have a Lenovo Tab 4 8", but as I mentioned above, I can't quite remember seeing that. It does ring a bell ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981