LG G3 screen freeze

David Zavala1

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I have had this G3 since receiving it as a replacement back in April or so. It has not been rooted. What I have recently started experiencing is while typing a text message or even while scrolling on FB or the web the screen just stops responding to my touches. The cursor still flashes but the screen does not recognize my touches. I hit the lock screen button and it takes a couple second for it to lock and the screen to go off. I wait about 10 seconds then hit the button again to wake the screen and the power off options come up. I don't hit the button hard, normal pressure and I don't hold it any longer than usual; a quick hit. I have one of two things happen at this point. Either I click on the outside screen and nothing happens; the screen fades and then shuts off like I have done nothing. Or I click on the outside screen and I can then swipe the screen to bring up my phone again. I have booted into safe mode and the same thing happens. I have turned off background apps and anything extra I can think off and lowered my screen brightness as low as it would go. I don't believe it is related to an app as safe mode still has the same problem. Could it be the processor? Or the digitizer? I have already exchanged the phone twice due to the charger port breaking so I cannot exchange it anymore for free. Any suggestions? I haven't tried a factory reset yet, as I want to remove a few pictures I have when I get home today. I am maybe using 15% of the memory so I don't believe that is an issue either. I tried a soft reset and no change. Recovery mode I did the cache clearing. No change. At my wits end with this thing.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, OP! I was just about to answer your first post when I read your second one.

My G3 will lag and freeze too, and sometimes the screen is unresponsive. So I definitely understand your frustration. However, I am very happy to hear that you got an S7! How are you liking it? Enjoy! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya