Lg v20 with no cel signal after unlock

A

AC Question

Hey, I need some urgent help with my phone. I bought a great condition lg v20 of eBay, it was sold as unlocked but when it arrived and switched on was asking for an unlock code. I took it to a supposed cellphone expert who tried to unlock it with some kind of small box, I suppose with unlocking software but not with an unlock code. After finishing the unlocking process I have no cel signal with my 4g lte sim, just continually searches for cel signal. We tried to get a signal with 5 different SIM cards with no luck, the strange thing is with an old 3G sim it picked up a signal and managed to make a call. I took to another guy who said the unlock they tried could have damaged an important android security file and there is no solution. I have no idea what to do now, feeling really desperate. Any suggestions or comments would be really appreciated!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Only thing I can suggest is taking the phone to your carrier's store and see if they can get it online. If not, I would agree with "another guy" and say the first bunch screwed up your phone. You could try this:

Reflash ROM or downgrade upgrade:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

rajandhawan

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I need some urgent help with my phone. I bought a great condition lg v20 of eBay, it was sold as unlocked but when it arrived and switched on was asking for an unlock code. I took it to a supposed cellphone expert who tried to unlock it with some kind of small box, I suppose with unlocking software but not with an unlock code. After finishing the unlocking process I have no cel signal with my 4g lte sim, just continually searches for cel signal. We tried to get a signal with 5 different SIM cards with no luck, the strange thing is with an old 3G sim it picked up a signal and managed to make a call. I took to another guy who said the unlock they tried could have damaged an important android security file and there is no solution. I have no idea what to do now, feeling really desperate. Any suggestions or comments would be really appreciated!
Is 3g sim is working perfectly? And which country do you belong? If you are from India. I can buy it for my Dad as they dont use 4g sim..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69