Local Profile / "Me" in Contacts?

captain_tinker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious, what is it that dictates the information under the "Me"entry in Contacts? I have multiple gmail accounts set up on this phone. The main account is the one I'd like to have as the "Me" entry. Right now, it is named the same as one of my other gmail accounts that I added a while ago, but it only shows my phone number, no picture. I guess I'm just confused why it shows that. Can I set my local profile "Me" entry to my standard Gmail account? I want that picture to show up on the Me entry too. How can I do it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think (I'm not certain) that it's the Google, not the gmail, account that determines the "Me" information.

Newsteel

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Local Profile / "Me" in Contacts?

The Google account that was originally used to set up the phone is used there. Locally that Me entry is editable I believe.
That Me contact is used by applications that use your local profile for communication. Gmail uses any account that u set up for main for sending receiving I believe

captain_tinker

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Local Profile / "Me" in Contacts?

The Google account that was originally used to set up the phone is used there.

That what I was thinking should be the case, but it's not, that's why I am confused and asking the question. It used to be that way, but after I added another Gmail account, it changed it to that instead. I've edited it now, and put in a different picture, but it does not seem to be something that I can directly associate with any of the Google accounts on my own. Just odd I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo