Looking for help! Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) stuck on logo screen and won't enter safe mode

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. Thank you so much for reading this post.

So I was using my Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) last night and it died because it wasn't charging.

I plugged it, turned it on and it didn't display the apps on the SD card. I rebooted it by pressing and holding the power + volume down button.

It restarted but it showed software downloading, then updating apps, then it went into a boot screen where it showed a few options and I chose "try to restart again".

Since then, it only shows the Samsung logo screen.

Pressing and holding the volume down and power will only restart.

Pressing then volume down while restarting won't go into safe mode.

Pressing volume UP and DOWN and Power will display a warning message about custom OS. If I press volume up and continue, it says "downloading" and nothing happens. If I press volume down to select cancel and restart phone, it goes back to being stuck on logo screen.

My phone's memory was pretty full and I had earlier that day previous to restarting downloaded a few kids' app for my daughter. I believe the memory being full could be the reason. I would like to avoid factory resetting it but if that's the only way to go, then be it.

Thank you SO much to everyone that tries to help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, volume up /power button same time after restarting the device should take you to recovery then choose factory reset, if can't then try volume down/power that takes you to download mode where u seen downloading and have to flash the firmware again through odin.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154