MAHD screen vs. HOX screen

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Motorola Atrix HD today, and the screen is very impressive. In fact, when placed side by side with my HTC One X, it's as good or in some cases better than the One X in terms of crispness and color. Not sure on viewing angles, color accuracy, etc right now, but hard to believe how awesome screens on phones have become. Pictures attached. Note: On the picture of the wallpaper, my camera focused on the One X, so in the pic it appears slightly more detailed. However, in reality it is not. The MAHD is ever so slightly more crisp. Jury is still out on the phone in general, but I like the near stock ICS experience, the mini SD slot, and I'm sort of digging the on screen buttons. Battery life is my biggest concern at this point so we'll see how it performs tomorrow during a typical work day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ry

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm really digging this ColorBoost display Motorola used on this phone. While I still haven't seen the phone in person yet, it's great to see they're utilizing high quality screen tech like they did for the original Droid. One thing that prevented me from acquiring the Razr Max was the SAMOLED screen. I just really don't like the greenish tint those screens have.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not ready to say that it's a better screen overall than the one on the One X, but it's very nice. Crisp, super colorful, decent viewing angles. FAR better than the screen on the RAZR MAXX.

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This phone is by far better than any...its crisp bright colors...I'm so glad I left Sprint today after 11 yrs and got this phone.. for free..I'll diffnatly be using about 7gig a month in data..but its worth it

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The maps and fb pics do look a bit dull on the hox, are the brightness levels the same?

Yes. I looked at 50%, 75% and 100%. The whites on the moto are far whiter, making the htc look dull in comparison which I didn't think was possible considering how great the One X screen is. Colors are more vibrant on the Atrix HD as well, although they may be more accurate on the One X. But, I can only tell the difference when the screens are side by side, as opposed to the GSIII which from booting I can tell is an inferior screen.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Checked out the ATRIX HD next to a One X at an AT&T store earlier today. Set both phones to Max brightness. Gotta say at quick glances, the ATRIX HD held it's own against the One X.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo