Memo Pad 7 (ME170CX) to Lollipop?

Michael Grijak

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody! Just picked up an Asus Memo Pad 7 Me170 CX that was brand new in the shrink wrapped box. booted it up and it did all the usual updates to apps and to Android itself and after all was said and done, it ended up at 4.4.2. So far, so good! Looked on the Asus support website and found this: ASUS MeMO Pad 7 (ME170C) Software Image Version: 12.8.1.33 For WW SKU only
Improved Item:
1.OS upgrade to Lollipop.
2.Android 5.0 does not support Battery widget, TTS and Dual App.
3.Add Auto-start manager to manage memory and improve system performance
4.Add ZenUI Help, Backup and Free HD Games
5.Check-in 1GB RAM performance optimization mechanism

My question is then this: Is the upgrade process as simple as downloading the zip file, extracting onto a micro SD card, putting the card into my memo pad with power off, holding down volume up and power simultaneously to bring up the boot menu, selecting SD update, and letting the disc image do it's thing? Is there anything missing before I attempt this? Thanks in advance for the replies! This is my first android device!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you already go to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates and check for updates there? You may want to wait a few days to see if the device finally prompts you for the OTA update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod