Question Mi 11T issue with Android Auto

Odranoel.sp05

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys

Hope someone can help me. I just got a new Navpro multimedia for my car, and it uses tlink5 to connect with android auto. I was able to use it properly cabled and wireless with other mobiles, but had no luck with my MI 11t. It keeps trying to connect on my mobile, and it stays like this. I already reset Android auto, reinstalled all updates, tried to remove and add Bluetooth connection several times with no luck. I'm on MIUI 14.
Sometimes it shows in my mobile that it's connected, but I still got nothing on the multimedia screen, only "connecting"...

I'm having the same problem with the wired connection =/

Do you have any idea what is happening, and what should I do?
Thanks so much for the help =)

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
We like to be calked Xiaomi Disciples and obedient loyal followers, if you don't mind! 😊

For me, I have virtually no experience with Android Auto.

I have MIUI 14 and I can only think one setting is affecting another, but I don't know which one.

Is the Mi 11t new to you?
Were you using the same USB A to C cable on all phones on the first day you had the head unit or were the other phones older? However you say you tried a Bluetooth connection as well.
Did you try to have the unit "Forget" the other phones?

There are a few guides out there but nothing I could find that's relevant.

If you are new to Xiaomi there's both the Android Auto settings via Connections and Sharing, plus Settings - Apps - Manage Apps - Android Auto -App Permissions to All; and Restrict Data Usage set to Mobile (Cell) Data is a first look.

I feel this will be an easy hands - on fix if someone is there with you; or you can try the Xiaomi Community Forums app or Google help on Android Auto may be able to respond directly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-03-19-13-11-397_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-03-19-13-11-397_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2023-08-03-19-07-03-117_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-03-19-07-03-117_com.google.android.projection.gearhead.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Haha
Reactions: B. Diddy

Odranoel.sp05

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys

Thanks for the quick response =)
I'd tried a lot to search for help in Xiaomi community and Google help but looks like this happens only to me in the whole world LOL.

But I just did some changes in the permissions since it was not fully authorized. I'll check again as soon as I leave work :)

Thanks again. I'll be back later =)

Reactions: B. Diddy and Madd62

Odranoel.sp05

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Oh yeap, you're right. Sorry 😁.
And just to update, I had no luck changing the permissions =/. It just shows that it is connected on my phone but in the Multimidia it keeps trying to connect over and over again. Not sure if it's related to the wifi connection that it creates.... Also sorry for the bad English, I'm a little rusty since we don't use it a lot in Brazil 🤣

Reactions: Madd62