Microsoft Services issue with Samsung s20 fe and other Samsung devices

anon(8567512)

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this, and if so, please move it to the appropriate one. Since I am using a Samsung s20 fe this is where I chose to post it.

I have issues with Microsoft services while using wifi, but not just limited to one device. I started getting it on my Note 10+ before upgrading. I get it on my s20 fe (which is currently out for repairs). And I am getting it on my Galaxy tab 5e that I tried to manage my email through while without my phone.

So here is the issue (or are the issues, I don't know). It all begins with trying to connect the Microsoft account (using EAS, haven't tried a different way) where, if I am on wi-fi, after entering the email address (for those who use EAS you are aware that after entering the address it kicks to a new page for the password) the page for putting in the password comes up as unavailable. I have figured out that if I turn wifi off it will work, but no matter how many times I try with wifi on, it will not.

This is manifested across the various Microsoft services even once set up. I will get email once it is set up, even if on wifi. But things like OneNote will not sync as long as I am on wifi. I will get a message every time I open OneNote saying that I have to login in order to sync. So, for whatever reason, across the board, and on three separate Samsung devices, Microsoft services won't connect using wifi.

I mentioned that I tried connecting my Microsoft account to my galaxy tab so that I could at least use email while my phone is being repaired. It won't let me connect to Microsoft by wifi, and I have the wifi only version. This means that I completely can't connect the account.

Anyone have any insight into this issue?

Many thanks.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Have you setup MS Authenticator app?
Using VPN?
Try turning on Airplane Mode - make sure wifi is back on?
Something to do with your router setup?
You probably copied your N10+ to FE and brought the old problem along.

anon(8567512)

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to update this thread sooner, but, again, only being able to post from my computer makes it hard to get responses in a timely manner.

So I did figure out the issue. I have been on a new internet service provider for a little over a year. Apparently some settings in how i connect to the new ISP didn't jive with the default wifi settings of my devices. I had to change the wifi settings to static and then set DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and it solved the problem.

Hope maybe that solution can help others as well.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I wanted to update this thread sooner, but, again, only being able to post from my computer makes it hard to get responses in a timely manner.

So I did figure out the issue. I have been on a new internet service provider for a little over a year. Apparently some settings in how i connect to the new ISP didn't jive with the default wifi settings of my devices. I had to change the wifi settings to static and then set DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and it solved the problem.

Hope maybe that solution can help others as well.
Thanks for the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174