Minor annoyance on E4GT

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I load into my homescreen from another app (email, games, lockscreen, etc...) it takes me there but all my icons and widgets have to reload or refresh.

In other words, my homescreens are completely blank for the first second or half-second. It used to never do this. A minor annoying as it gives the appearance of lagging.

I check my ram usage and active background apps and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Anyone run into a similar problem?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I load into my homescreen from another app (email, games, lockscreen, etc...) it takes me there but all my icons and widgets have to reload or refresh.

In other words, my homescreens are completely blank for the first second or half-second. It used to never do this. A minor annoying as it gives the appearance of lagging.

I check my ram usage and active background apps and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Never on my E4GT but it used to happen ALL THE TIME on my OG Epic... I hated it...

The only time I get anything similar to what you are describing is after a reboot or power up after shut down when the media scanner is looking for all my apps. But it only lasts for a few seconds and everything "usually" loads up shortly after...

Are you using a different launcher? Something other than TouchWiz?

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock TouchWiz 4.0.

I've switched between several lockscreen apps such as WidgetLocker and MagicLocker and it happens regardless.

I am currently using a Live wallpaper but it happens regardless.

I only have 3 home screens but they are jam packed with widgets and icons.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

Try clearing your cache...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd say you've got something going on in your phone system causing it. I'm using Go Launcher currently, and the only time I get any homescreen redraw lag is when my home screen moves between Portrait and Landscape. Even then, it's pretty snappy. Otherwise, moving from apps to the home screen is instant with no redraw lag.

As suggested, try clearing your cache. Otherwise, start removing widgets, one by one, to see if one of those is the culprit.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Try taking out your SD card and see if it continues to happen. You might want to perform scandisk on the SD card if that clears it up. You might have a bad file that is screwing up the media scan function.

And speaking of minor annoyances, the phone will not recognize as a mounted drive under Windows 7. It comes up as a camera, which means you can't perform scandisk or defrag in storage mode.

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, do you have any of these widgets stored to your sd card? They should all be in phone storage

1) All widgets are kept on my internal phone memory
2) Some large apps (games) are moved into my internal SD card
3) All music is stored on my external SD card

I have tried clearing the programs cache. I've also cleared the cache partition and it still happens. As of now, I am "testing" the phone without an external SD card to see if it occurs.

we'll see how it goes now. Next step i'll remove all widgets

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's most likely my CircleLauncher Widgets. Had a total of 5. I replaced them with "Application Folder" widgets and the problems seems to have gone away!! Yay!!

I cant find anything else on the web regarding CircleLauncher's homescreen refresh bug but I dont mind because I like Application Folder better

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey