moisture detected in charging port

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Got this notification of moisture in the charging port when I tried to charge using the charger in my car. It is wet and raining but the charger was dry and my phone was dry in my purse. Can't see anything in the port, have blowed cool air in it to clear out any dust and nothing... still notification that there is moisture in the charging port. Any ideas?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using a different cable?
I have found in the past that different cables don't matter. Samsung seems to have it set up that it won't charge if it detects moisture.

They been try restarting the phone, other wise wait it out. I can't remember if wireless charging works, they can try that

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I have found in the past that different cables don't matter. Samsung seems to have it set up that it won't charge if it detects moisture.

They been try restarting the phone, other wise wait it out. I can't remember if wireless charging works, they can try that

Yep I'm able to wirelessly charge

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Wait it out? You mean at some point the notification will disappear?

da7thsign

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
In the past when I was randomly getting this, it was due to crappy cables. I used to buy any generic USB c cable and they would cause this. I started using Sammy branded chargers and cables and haven't had this since. Not saying you have crappy cables, but in my case, it was the cables.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Got this notification of moisture in the charging port when I tried to charge using the charger in my car. It is wet and raining but the charger was dry and my phone was dry in my purse. Can't see anything in the port, have blowed cool air in it to clear out any dust and nothing... still notification that there is moisture in the charging port. Any ideas?
Thats one of the most annoying and common Samsung warnings lol
Try go to settings>apps>system apps >scroll down to Usb setting then tap >go to storage clear data then force stop it .

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
In the past when I was randomly getting this, it was due to crappy cables. I used to buy any generic USB c cable and they would cause this. I started using Sammy branded chargers and cables and haven't had this since. Not saying you have crappy cables, but in my case, it was the cables.

I'm actually using Samsung cables

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Use a blow dryer, make sure blower isn't close to phone.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats one of the most annoying and common Samsung warnings lol
Try go to settings>apps>system apps >scroll down to Usb setting then tap >go to storage clear data then force stop it .

Thank you!! It finally stopped. It was very annoying lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201