Moto G Stylus (2021) - where's the stereo? gahh!

jeffjot

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not the only one that upgraded to a new Motorola and discovered after-the-fact that they nixed the stereo speakers :( I was especially angry because the "Motorola Moto G Stylus" is listed everywhere as having stereo sound, but the 2021 version does not.
After it was delivered, my carrier and Motorola both basically told me thanks for your money, get lost.

The speaker on the 2021 is okay, though I had a Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen for almost a decade and was always proud of the fact that it had stereo, and certainly wanted it with the upgraded phone.
Aside from feeling I was deceived.... the speaker works except in games like Jackpot, where the sound most definitely only comes from one side of the phone, and it just ruins the experience.

I'm intrigued by one thing though- the 2nd earpiece speaker already on the Motorola, even in the 2021. Why can't that be turned on too? Surely that would make a difference, not true stereo like the older Motorola phones... but at least enough so some games don't sound so one-sided.

I believe people are calling the concept "Dolby Atmos Surround Sound", per an app I can't find a way to install......turning on the earpiece ALSO when playing videos and games (see video). But so far I haven't found a step-through for the Motorola Moto G Stylus 2021. Has anyone done this, and can they help?

jeffjot

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site

jeffjot

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I have links to Youtube videos showing how to do this for several other models of phones, but the admins won't allow me to post them :/

jeffjot

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I've posted this in several places and nobody replies anywhere. Surely some programmer would take this up? I can't be the only one.
The mono speaker is endlessly annoying. Its OK for ringing and notifications but games videos & movies suck with sound only coming from one side of the phone.
Every time I play anything I feel like I've been swindled

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've posted this in several places and nobody replies anywhere. Surely some programmer would take this up? I can't be the only one.
The mono speaker is endlessly annoying. Its OK for ringing and notifications but games videos & movies suck with sound only coming from one side of the phone.
Every time I play anything I feel like I've been swindled
You can check XDA forums see if anyone has done this .