Motorola Razr Plus vs. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4: Which flip phone should you buy?

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a Razr when the Razr first debuted years ago. I loved that phone and was really disappointed when it was finally time to move on. There's always been a little part of me that wanted to go back to one, but I got caught up in the Samsung environment and have stuck with the Note in some iteration for a long time now. It's going to be time soon to replace my Note 9 and I've been thinking about going back to the Razr. I use Nova Launcher so the built in UI doesn't matter to me. This is a good comparison and will help my decision. Maybe it's time to give Samsung the boot.

Derrek Lee

Oct 30, 2020
Visit site
I had a Razr when the Razr first debuted years ago. I loved that phone and was really disappointed when it was finally time to move on. There's always been a little part of me that wanted to go back to one, but I got caught up in the Samsung environment and have stuck with the Note in some iteration for a long time now. It's going to be time soon to replace my Note 9 and I've been thinking about going back to the Razr. I use Nova Launcher so the built in UI doesn't matter to me. This is a good comparison and will help my decision. Maybe it's time to give Samsung the boot.
I've stuck with Samsung phones for a few years now since getting the Note 20 Ultra, and I absolutely love One UI. Deciding to switch to the Razr+ wasn't an easy decision because there are some things about Samsung phones that are just hard to give up, like some of the features and great software support. Still, I really enjoy using the Razr, and tbh none of the downsides are real dealbreakers for me. The S22 was my main for a while and battery life wasn't great there either so I'm kinda used to it lol.

Rnlcomp

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the zflip 1, 3, and 4 and I just got the Razr+. I can't comment on longevity on the latter yet I can give a review on the zflip, specifically the 4.

Stay FAR FAR AWAY from it if you value your wallet. I had mine less than a year when I noticed some discoloration along the length of the center where it flips. Made a warranty repair request ticket with Samsung and was told flat out they would not honor any warranty on the screen, (turns out that discoloration was caused by microscopic cracks in the ultra thin glass).

They offered to give me a discount cost of $275.00 to replace the screen?!?!?!?!!! On a phone still under warranty that I just paid $1,000 for. I was livid but grudgingly agreed and they sent me a box with shipping label to send it in.

As luck would have it, UPS lost it and after a months wait I was refunded by the loss claim full value which I used to buy the Razr+.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
The last MOTO phone I used was the MicroTac Elite. It was my fav flip phone.