Moving from LG G Watch R to Samsung S3 Frontier

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi S3 users.

My LG G Watch R has died a death and I want to upgrade to a modern smartwatch.

I like the look of the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (I'm in the army and I need something with a protective bezel) but I've only used Android Wear.

I use Chromecast a hell of a lot in the house. Could someone tell me whether you can use the Gear to control apps like Netflix, YouTube and Spotify when they're Chromecasting to your TV?

Are there any other transitional issues that others have found when moving from Wear to Gear?

Many thanks in anticipation!

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi S3 users.

My LG G Watch R has died a death and I want to upgrade to a modern smartwatch.

I like the look of the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (I'm in the army and I need something with a protective bezel) but I've only used Android Wear.

I use Chromecast a hell of a lot in the house. Could someone tell me whether you can use the Gear to control apps like Netflix, YouTube and Spotify when they're Chromecasting to your TV?

Are there any other transitional issues that others have found when moving from Wear to Gear?

Many thanks in anticipation!
I hate to comment and not really answer your question but now I'm curious about that as well! I know it controls YouTube and play music when it's running on your phone but I've never thought to try it while casting. I'll have to give that a try when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the S3 Frontier LTE and it is far superior to my LG Urbane and OS Wear. I can only get my watch to turn videos on and off. Can't advance or roll back movies. No substantive interaction with other devices like Chromecast. But, hey, I'm not a techie and can't expound on the watch's capabilities.

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Youtube seems to be actionable on the watch while casting however apps like CBS and Discovery show up on the player but aren't actionable and Netflix doesn't show up on the player while casting at all.