Mute group chats

Sandrasauk

Jan 27, 2023
Visit site
I know how to mute and unmute conversations. My specific problem is the bell has disappeared from all of my group chats. Individual conversations have the bell but group conversations do not anymore. I cannot seem to find anyone else having this problem. S21 I believe it's Google messages but when I open the app there is no specific name.

Screenshot_20230904_100955_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230904_101316_Messages.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah that's the Samsung message app it does have a bell but for everyone not individually and looks to have more options then Google messages, I don't usually have group chat but found at one time there were 11 family members at once in group chat hopefully someone that uses this can explain more .

Sandrasauk

Jan 27, 2023
Visit site
I used to have the bell for every conversation, one person text and group text. Now I only have it for one person text. Unfortunately the group ones are the ones driving me crazy, buzzing all day long.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can I go back and undo the last update?
You can for Google messages go back to last update, long pressing Google messages>tap info>upper right corner tap uninstall update

*I would first make a copy of your current message with smart switch PC in case it doesn't work out you can restore that copy at any time *

Reactions: J Dubbs