My Fold 5 has arrived! (updated)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think that with the Fold5, Samsung have adopted a, "Softly, softly, catchee monkey", approach and rather than introducing killer features or styles, they have set about improving what they already had with the Fold4. Seemingly minor improvements such as changing the glue for the screens and altering the hinge mechanism, etc; all add up to fine tuning the Fold phone. Only time will tell.

I think that's a really good way to market their product. Fix what wasn't working as well/make improvements for overall performance, and then they can add more bells and whistles.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Third impressions

Nearly a month ago, when I first received my new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 phone, I struggled on my, "First impressions", post to come up with any differences or features that warranted spending £1,750 (US$2,225), to replace my perfectly usable Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4.

Sure, the hinge both looked and felt better but that seemed to be about it.

How wrong I was!

Never has the phrase, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts", been more true.

I believe that Samsung have listened to the feedback from the previous 4 Fold models and with that knowledge have set about re-engineering and improving the Fold from the ground up. The hinge, the screens, the adhesive that holds the screens, the camera software, etc; etc; etc; have all been changed and tweaked to make a Fold phone to be proud of and on which they can build future releases.

Since I own both the Fold4 and Fold5, I have used them in tandem at the outset but more and more the Fold5 has become my daily driver as the Fold4, still in pristine condition, is consigned to my backup drawer.

That is not to say that the Fold4 is bad but rather, the Fold5 is better.

This video highlights just some of the reasons that I think that the Fold5 is worth upgrading to or, if you have never owned a Fold phone before, worth changing to.

How could Samsung improve on the Fold5?

Well, for me, it would be to introduce the shorter, wider, front screen that the Google Pixel Fold uses... but that is just me!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Third impressions

Nearly a month ago, when I first received my new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 phone, I struggled on my, "First impressions", post to come up with any differences or features that warranted spending £1,750 (US$2,225), to replace my perfectly usable Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4.

Sure, the hinge both looked and felt better but that seemed to be about it.

How wrong I was!

Never has the phrase, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts", been more true.

I believe that Samsung have listened to the feedback from the previous 4 Fold models and with that knowledge have set about re-engineering and improving the Fold from the ground up. The hinge, the screens, the adhesive that holds the screens, the camera software, etc; etc; etc; have all been changed and tweaked to make a Fold phone to be proud of and on which they can build future releases.

Since I own both the Fold4 and Fold5, I have used them in tandem at the outset but more and more the Fold5 has become my daily driver as the Fold4, still in pristine condition, is consigned to my backup drawer.

That is not to say that the Fold4 is bad but rather, the Fold5 is better.

This video highlights just some of the reasons that I think that the Fold5 is worth upgrading to or, if you have never owned a Fold phone before, worth changing to.

How could Samsung improve on the Fold5?

Well, for me, it would be to introduce the shorter, wider, front screen that the Google Pixel Fold uses... but that is just me!
I heard the Fold 6 will be wider but not short like the pixel Fold

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPANKY383