My LG G Pad 8.3 has a lot of problems...how do I fix them?

Klgilsrud

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
So I've had like 99+ problems with this LG G Pad 8.3.
But all of them seem to be similar.

For some background info, we gave this tablet to my grandparents. They used it for a few years, and they used it for Facebook, weather, and general web-browsing stuff. Then they gave it back to us because it kept crashing and restarting unexpectedly.

We gave them a Kindle to replace the G pad, so now here I am with a faulty tablet and a lot of time on my hands.

Here are the main two issues with the tablet:
1. Tablet keeps restarting randomly when I'm using any app that isn't part of the selection of apps the tablet came with. One moment I'll be playing a game, the next moment it'll freeze and then I'm seeing the LG logo and waiting for the thing to restart itself so I can continue to play my game.
2. An excessive amount of apps on the tablet appear to crash or stop.
(Most apps are either from Google or Amazon)
Ex: "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped."
I kept getting the Google Play services message above so many times. I think I fixed the Google Play Services with the instructions on this website:

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ssage-continually-popping-up-on-my-samsung-ph

But now I've been getting things like "An error occured during the installation of Google Maps. Please uninstall and reinstall." And then the tablet opens up the Google Play Store, or sometimes the pop-up disappears before I can do anything. So I probably should uninstall/reinstall google maps...but I just wanted to mention it in case this is part of the problem.

SIDE NOTE: Just another thought. There was one time that all I did was unlock the tablet upon turning on the screen, and I got a notification saying something like "Unfortunately, Home has stopped." WHAT?

3. Now this is another problem that I've been getting that hasn't been happening before and that is issues with connecting with Wi-fi. I know it's not the Wi-fi's fault because I've had the same issue on two different Wi-fi sources. I'm having the issue right now as I type this (I'm typing on my phone, not the tablet) My home Wi-fi works perfectly fine with my other devices. The tablet was connected to the Wi-fi just fine a little bit ago, but now it has disconnected. I tap on my Wi-fi and choose "connect." The tablet in response says "Optaining IP Address..." and then "Avoided poor internet connection." It does this everytime I try to reconnect.

Sorry this post has been very long, but I'm trying to include as much detail as possible.

I've already tried clearing cache of the device, I've done factory resets, (I might consider doing another one just to see if some miracle will happen), I've done the classic turn off the device and turn it back on again. Is there anything else I can do?

I really don't have much to lose. Messing with this tablet and waiting for it to magically fix itself has admittedly become a hobby of mine. :p

I'll keep using the tablet and updating this post if I notice any other errors worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Klgilsrud

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
UPDATE: Just tried a factory reset again. After it resetted I got to the part where I select a language and choose a Wi-fi source and it immediately crashed and restarted.