My OnePlus One Review

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to compliment you on your excellent writing style mate! I'm a writer myself, I write for a medium-sized Dutch gaming website (as a volunteer at the moment, but I plan on making it my profession), and I can tell you're a very good writer! Do you write for a website or anything? If not, you should. ;)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How has app compatibility been for you on ART? Everything seem to be working ok?

No issues at this point, but I do not use many apps and of course I use pretty much the same ones on all my devices. YMMV but so far pretty impressed with this OPO.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
OK.. have been watching product reviews and it seems good, but not mind boggling.. While the 64gb model is a good deal, I'm tempted to wait for the new Nexus 6 instead. It also seems to be a really large phone compared to my GS3 which is plenty big.. More research and then I'll decide.

A few years ago, I switched from a Samsung Stratosphere (4 inch screen) to a Galaxy Note (5.3 inch screen plus thicker bezels). It took a few days, but I adjusted and fell in love with larger phones

Posted via Android Central App

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to compliment you on your excellent writing style mate! I'm a writer myself, I write for a medium-sized Dutch gaming website (as a volunteer at the moment, but I plan on making it my profession), and I can tell you're a very good writer! Do you write for a website or anything? If not, you should. ;)

Thank you! I do not currently write for a site, but if you want to send it to anyone, I won't complain :)

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
dizzle..very cool to know that the S3 is so in demand.. At the end of the day though, are you glad you invested the extra $200 in the One +? My S3 runs pretty nicely and I rarely if ever have issues with it. As I said, I'm not the type that's constantly modifying my phone or playing games, etc.. Of course, the S3 was indeed a game changer, so I don't want to invest more money in a phone that's a lateral move.. Follow me?

I sold my galaxy s3 back in June on Craigslist, only used it as my daily from September of last year until February of this year. 5 months. So it was like new, sold it for $150. If I could rewind I'd charge more. I live in Cleveland, OH, all in all I had maybe 75 freaking people call or text me about that damn phone lol. I had no idea the power of the "galaxy name" and the s3 was a game changer. Try $200 at first IMO if its if VERY good condition. I'm not lying, I got messages about that phone for 4 weeks, it got irritating. Very high demand

Posted via...The One

AverageNinja

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I do not currently write for a site, but if you want to send it to anyone, I won't complain :)

I'll see what I can do! Most of my contact are Dutch, but I'm quite established in a few tech-forums, so I can ask the owners there for you if they need any writers :)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
dizzle..very cool to know that the S3 is so in demand.. At the end of the day though, are you glad you invested the extra $200 in the One +? My S3 runs pretty nicely and I rarely if ever have issues with it. As I said, I'm not the type that's constantly modifying my phone or playing games, etc.. Of course, the S3 was indeed a game changer, so I don't want to invest more money in a phone that's a lateral move.. Follow me?

No I absolutely don't regret it. But that's my preferences. I wanted stock android, the customization options that cm offers and quick software updates and better specs. I can honestly say if they were all free and I could choose any phone on the market out today if choose the OnePlus One. LG is super slow with software updates, HTC sense is improved but not stock and Samsung, I won't even go there. But go with what you like

Posted via...The One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought my OnePlus One brand new, took it to T-Mobile, the guy popped in the Sim Card and I had no problems at all since. No configuration needed. I'm not sure that guide is accurate as he does say not everyone will have problems but also things like

"If for some reason you obtained a new Micro SIM card from T-Mobile, you will need to make sure to activate it on an existing device that is provisioned to work on the network before placing the SIM card into your OnePlus One."

And

"When you first get your network up and running, it will not come out of the box with the APN settings optimized for the T-Mobile network"

492f4d99bef89135dd3d8d9ccf0b731c.jpg

Posted via...The One

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again.. Meantime it's been 36 hours since I sent One Plus support an email asking why the 3 day period changed to 2 days as soon as I registered without a reply. Still very much on the fence here especially with the IFA right around the corner. The next gen phones will likely all be announced, so I may just pass on the invitation since support doesn't seem to respond. At least when I had questions with my Sammy I had NO problems getting support.. if the screen could be seen better in sunlight, I'd probably keep it since it's a great phone.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again.. Meantime it's been 36 hours since I sent One Plus support an email asking why the 3 day period changed to 2 days as soon as I registered without a reply. Still very much on the fence here especially with the IFA right around the corner. The next gen phones will likely all be announced, so I may just pass on the invitation since support doesn't seem to respond. At least when I had questions with my Sammy I had NO problems getting support.. if the screen could be seen better in sunlight, I'd probably keep it since it's a great phone.

If their response time is a factor you may want to pass. I sent them a email last Thursday, 6 days ago. Still no reply. Don't hold your breath on a quick response. Thankfully mines isn't a urgent issue

Posted via...The One

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

The are very small and flooded. If support is a big concern for you, it might be better to pass. Their forums have several threads which flame Oneplus for slow response. If you cannot just pop you SIM into another device and wait for the support you may be disappointed.

I must give Sony a plug here. I had an RMA issue on my Z2 and they asked me to ship it to the service center and they replaced my Z2 with a brand new device sealed in box. I had the new device within a week of mailing mine to them. I was impressed. The z2 is 699 though.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Last edited:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks.. I've decided to pass and wait to see what IFA brings.. I would have sprung for the Moto X, since the listening UI is so cool. But when I held my GS3 next to the Moto, it seemed so small..almost like a Crapple phone.. I think the One Plus is nice but a bit larger than I need and doesn't have some of the features that I'd prefer either.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks.. I've decided to pass and wait to see what IFA brings.. I would have sprung for the Moto X, since the listening UI is so cool. But when I held my GS3 next to the Moto, it seemed so small..almost like a Crapple phone.. I think the One Plus is nice but a bit larger than I need and doesn't have some of the features that I'd prefer either.

The Moto X+1 should be announced next week, and it's rumored to be larger.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Don't the gs3 and the moto x have the same screen size? I don't think it feels that much smaller. Obviously to each their own. But there are plenty of phones between the size of the moto x and the size of the oneplus one

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't the gs3 and the moto x have the same screen size? I don't think it feels that much smaller. Obviously to each their own. But there are plenty of phones between the size of the moto x and the size of the oneplus one
I'm sorry if I overlooked it in the thread. What phone are you using? Do you believe the One is good enough to overlook the other phones.