N Soak test?

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Got a Moto soak test invite already on M, could this be N? If so looks like Lenovo is trying to change the perception (or fact actually) that Droid's don't get timely updates. Anybody else get one?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Got a Moto soak test invite already on M, could this be N? If so looks like Lenovo is trying to change the perception (or fact actually) that Droid's don't get timely updates. Anybody else get one?

N is just a beta right now.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear the hope in your post, but with Verizon.....I have a really hard time believing this is anything close to Android N. With big red we'll continue to wait a good 6-9 months after the official release until it comes to our phones (I think).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
N doesn't even have a name yet.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
A soak test for N is premature at this point. Security update and bug fixes more likely. I would not mind them fixing M before pushing a beta version of N out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
OP, careful what you post in the forums. Moto doesn't like it when people they've sent soak invites out to blab about it, so if they catch you they may ban you from being a part of soaks indefinitely or permanently.

That said, if there's a soak coming out soon I think it's way too early for it to be Android N. How can Moto/Lenovo have a build of N ready if it hasn't been released yet? I'll bet that it's either security or bug fixes, or maybe even WiFi calling, which would be awesome.

A very outside and unlikely possibility is that Moto/Lenovo/Verizon are releasing a non-Nexus N beta program, like what Sony's doing with the Xperia Z3, but I highly doubt it.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware. Honestly not blabbing just curious. Could care less about Lenovo anymore anyway. This will be my last of their phones, even though I like it. Abandon the shatter proof screen, abandon wireless charging (natively anyway). Those two features are what make this phone great, and the huge battery.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm aware. Honestly not blabbing just curious. Could care less about Lenovo anymore anyway. This will be my last of their phones, even though I like it. Abandon the shatter proof screen, abandon wireless charging (natively anyway). Those two features are what make this phone great, and the huge battery.

They haven't abandoned the shatter-proof screen; it's in the Moto Z Force Droid Edition. The regular Moto Z will be, like the Maxx 2, a standard, glass covered AMOLED display, IIRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10