N7 fan sharing some thoughts about this forum

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I am pleasantly surprised to realize that I've had my Nexus 7 (2012) for over 4 years now. I continue to rely and use it almost daily. Over time I've had a few questions and concerns, and this forum - especially the fabulous 'super geeks' (which I say with great respect and awe) - have helped me as best they could. But I have to say that making use of the accumulated knowledge contained within this forum continues to be a struggle for me.

I am a moderator at another very active forum where people come to learn a new practice and get support and insights into that practice. Initially a 'shopping list' type of post referencing - with search worked OK. But over time the build up of repeated questions and sheer number of posts made finding anything more and more difficult. What improved that was to create sub categories for organizing the posts into which made reading within the category topics. This forum already has 2 sub categories - Accessories & Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks. If any more categories where added what could those be? I would suggest - Android OS, Fans of N7, Chit Chat, Pros/Cons, and Newbie Hints. Any that you can think of?

Yes I know my N7 is fast becoming a tech antique in today's world, but as long as it does what I want it to do, why not keep it? Any other N7 fans that want to see this N7 2012 forum continue to be a resource for us all?

Best wishes for all in 2017!

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I am more inclined to visit the Note4 forum, the Galaxy Tab2 forum, or the Amazon Echo forum, for the devices I use, but I came to this forum a couple days ago because I have found my Nexus7 2012 to be too slow to use now and I'm wondering if there is a way to overcome that. Compudino, it sounds like your Nexus7 2012 is not running so slow that it is unusable. What level of Android are you using?

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I am more inclined to visit the Note4 forum, the Galaxy Tab2 forum, or the Amazon Echo forum, for the devices I use, but I came to this forum a couple days ago because I have found my Nexus7 2012 to be too slow to use now and I'm wondering if there is a way to overcome that. Compudino, it sounds like your Nexus7 2012 is not running so slow that it is unusable. What level of Android are you using?

I made the mistake of thinking that upgrading my Android OS - from Kit Kat to 5.0 (don't know name) and that is what made the boot up go from about 45 seconds to now nearly 90 seconds!

Yes my N7 2012 does still work well for me, but its SLOWer and seeing as how the battery has been good, when that does die what device next? I assume that the newer Android devices don't suffer the problem of s-l-o-w booting and operating? Not sure, but it seems like the reality of my N7 as an 8 GB unit has to be a factor in this too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174