NEW! Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6T

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
One of the exciting features of OnePlus has been their Open Beta firmware releases for users to test new features, bug fixes and apps, sometimes months before their eventual release on the stock, stable, firmwares.

In Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6T
(also available as Open Beta 9 on the OnePlus 6 model)

ChangeLog

System

• Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
  • Added toast message when parallel apps are unavailable due to data corruption

Phone

• Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
  • Optimized UI for Spam messages and calls

OnePlus Switch

• Now supports migrating data from iPhone

Please note:

If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page
Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Source

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[UPDATE] Yours truly may have jumped the gun on Open Beta 1 & 9. The thread linked to in post #1 has been, temporarily, taken down.

Will update as soon as more information is available.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Normally, I approach Beta firmwares with caution and take all sorts of precautions before flashing them... such as syncing as much as possible to the cloud and making copies of data and full Titanium Backups as well as nandroid backups with copies placed on my computer. Quite rightly too as they are beta and could be unstable.

However, I have been on Open Beta 1 for nearly 5 days and in my opinion, it is virtually flawless. Battery life is outstanding, with an average of 30-35 hours with 8-10 hours screen on time. The improvements to the camera version, (Camera > Settings > About), V3.0.9 are noticeable over V2.10.11, particularly in low light, and produce good, clear, shots for a Happy Snapper like myself.

The phone, if possible, feels snappier than the stable OOS 9.0.7 firmware and I have experienced no lags or freezes so far.

If one looks very, very, closely at the notch area there seems to be a slight, "ragged", edge but it is purely cosmetic and can be cleaned up easily by OnePlus.

By and large, this first Beta for the OnePlus 6T and the 9th for the OnePlus 6, has been received very well by Open Beta testers and I hope that OnePlus incorporate these features in their next stable update, OOS 9.0.11.

Well done OnePlus! Looking forward to the next beta release which may come around the first week of 2019.

Rbyb4lFh.jpg