New Verizon Unlimited Plans

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've been struggling with this question for a while now. I'm hoping someone can provide some insight.

My wife and I have an old (1999!) Verizon Unlimited plan. We have been grandfathered through all changes.

It's time to add 1 of my kids. We can add her line for $40 a month but only 2GB data per month.

We can switch to the "new unlimited plans" add her unlimited line and still save about $50 a month. Seems like a no brainer, but is it worth doing?

I live and work in SF. I'm concerned with the throttling or "network de-prioritization" as they call it. I'm also concerned with the quality of video streaming 480p vs. 720p vs. 1080p

Has anyone made this particular switch? Would you recommend it? I would hate to lose the "old" unlimited plan and not be able to switch back if speeds are less than what I currently have.

Thank you

StayClassy101

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend the new plans for a couple of things. first, network speeds are tiered for media based on the plan. second, congestion can affect that even further for the worst. third, you have one of the last structured "true" unlimited. but that's just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej