No notifications with apps closed

peluka_94

Nov 27, 2023
Visit site
My Blackview won't allow closed apps (whatsapp, banking app...) to send me notifications. The Blackview options don't let me change this. However, other apps like email apps can notify me even when closed. Is there a way to override this? Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the system settings and look for either battery optimization or memory optimization options. Make sure those apps aren't optimized -- change them to Unrestricted.

peluka_94

Nov 27, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the system settings and look for either battery optimization or memory optimization options. Make sure those apps aren't optimized -- change them to Unrestricted.
Thank you! But I've already done that and it doesn't solve it. Only solution given by Blackview customer service is to keep all apps of interest open in background, which I consider a very poor solution. That's why I'm looking for some way of overriding this configuration.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you manually closing the app in the background? I'm not sure how you're distinguishing an app that's open vs. closed in the background. Typically, you shouldn't have to worry, since the system will figure out when to completely close an app out of RAM. However, some devices (especially Chinese brands like Blackview) have firmware that is overly aggressive when it comes to killing apps in the background (to save battery). That may be the issue for you, and this typically can't be modified since it's baked into the firmware.