News Not for Nothing, Apple finally made a decision that benefits everyone else

2low_tech

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Kids bullying kids is not anything new. I went to school in the 60's and 70's. I got "bullied" for not having a lunch box since I brought my lunch in a paper bag. I don't think any tech company can fix the tribal nature of us humans. Just look at how "adults" react when they read or see someone who supports a different political party from them.

Speedisavirus

Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
With mothers like that the entire world is doomed. It's a part of why we have so many societal problems. Poor kids get made fun of. So what. It's happened for all of human history. It's been the motivation of some of the most accomplished people in history.

I need to look into rcs more. I'd never use a service like beeper after I looked into how they do it. Don't trust amateurs to pull something like that off and have the kind of separation needed for security on this.

Jedi Thunder

Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
Kids bullying kids is not anything new. I went to school in the 60's and 70's. I got "bullied" for not having a lunch box since I brought my lunch in a paper bag. I don't think any tech company can fix the tribal nature of us humans. Just look at how "adults" react when they read or see someone who supports a different political party from them.
We are now seeing nerdy kids bullying each other.

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I won't belabor the point about kids/teenagers bullying/shaming peers. That's been going on for centuries. But I would suggest not getting too excited about Apple supporting RCS. Their announcement says "we will be adding support for RCS Universal Profile, the standard as currently published by the GSM Association." That's not exactly what Google uses, though they like to let you think that. Likely will still have Blue and Green bubbles to differentiate the levels of capability in each standard, the most important of which is security. Standard RCS is little more secure than SMS, so there should still be a visual indication of what your chat is using.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter