Note: How do I know if I have a voicemail?

girlnow

May 8, 2023
Visit site
I just switched to a note 20 from an iphone. on the iphone there was a symbol on the screen that showed up clearly to indicate you had voicemails. I don't see anything like that on the note 20. I found out I had voicemails without knowing I did when I did a test to see if I was getting any voicemails. I called from a friend's phone and left myself a voicemail and then found out I had several I didn't know about. But to get the voicemail I had to go into settings and check to see if I had voicemails. There was no symbol indicating I had voicemails. For work I need to know if I am getting voicemails. Going into settings all the time to "check for voicemails" doesn't sound right. Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone set up properly with your carrier settings? Voicemail (new/pending messages) should display just as you'd expect: a voice mail notification on your phone. BUT this depends on voicemail being properly set up both in your phone (carrier settings, voicemail settings, etc.) and on your carrier's end (i.e. correctly list your phone as the active SIM, etc).

Also check that you haven't blocked voicemail notifications on your phone by accident.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you deregister your number from iPhone ? Sometimes weird quirks like this pop up or have your carrier give new sim and configure to new device if you just swap SIM or Esim

Reactions: Laura Knotek

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I just switched to a note 20 from an iphone. on the iphone there was a symbol on the screen that showed up clearly to indicate you had voicemails. I don't see anything like that on the note 20. I found out I had voicemails without knowing I did when I did a test to see if I was getting any voicemails. I called from a friend's phone and left myself a voicemail and then found out I had several I didn't know about. But to get the voicemail I had to go into settings and check to see if I had voicemails. There was no symbol indicating I had voicemails. For work I need to know if I am getting voicemails. Going into settings all the time to "check for voicemails" doesn't sound right. Thank you.
are you using the stock phone or a third-party phone app? for the stock phone app, you should automatically get the VM icon on the status bar. for third-party phone app, you may have to make sure notification for VM is enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d